Confidence Building Programs
This course/Confidence building Programs lasts for eight weeks, carried out for an hour on each consecutive Saturday or Sunday morning. It includes:
- Introduction to public speaking and why it’s important
- Dealing with impromptu public speaking
- Overcoming and eliminating signs of nervousness
- Connecting and engaging with your audience
Why Good Communication Skills Are Crucial for Yong Children
In this day and age, many of us are so engrossed in our electronic communication devices, that actual real-life communication can seem strange. How often do you text or email someone, rather than calling them, or meeting up with them in person?
So its little wonder that our kids are the same. Today’s generation of young people have grown up with mobile phones, tablets and laptops, they’re now very much the norm. This can result in extremely shy children who find it difficult to communicate in real life situations. This can also lead to frustration at not being heard or understood, which itself can lead to kids with bad tempers or a don’t care attitude.
Crying, shouting and lashing out could all become commonplace..
Good Communication is Everything
Children that don’t know how to express themselves clearly can grow into young adults who are equally as frustrated. Future college entry interviews and interviews for jobs can be negatively impacted by this frustration and lack of confidence. They might have all the exam results and glowing school reports, but if they can’t sell themselves at an interview as the confident young person they deserve to be, it could spell disappointment and let down.
If your child finds it difficult to say hi to someone or give eye contact and can only manage yes or no answers, they could benefit from some confidence in communication training.
Both parents and students alike praise her workshops as fun and engaging yet challenging enough to get results.
We’re the first college in Markham to be offering this course with Lori-Ann. It costs $450 + HST. Classes are always a minimum of 15 students and never more than 20.
There aren’t many careers that don’t involve giving some kind of presentation, either at interview stage or once settled into a job. Giving your child the opportunity to learn confident communication skills early on in life will put them in high stead for their future careers.
Lori-Ann Jakel is an award winning motivational speaker who specializes in public speaking and interview coaching for young people. She’s been doing so for over 17 years and we’re delighted to invite her to our college to help motivate and train our youngsters to communicate more confidently!
Lori-Ann is the co-founder of Stand Up and Speak Inc and is passionate about giving young Canadians their voice. She regularly holds coaching sessions in community centers in Mississauga, Brampton and Oakville. She’s also held in high regard by many private schools across the GTA, and helps students pass private school and university entrance interviews. is an award winning motivational speaker who specializes in public speaking and interview coaching for young people. She’s been doing so for over 17 years and we’re delighted to invite her to our college to help motivate and train our youngsters to communicate more confidently!
Your Child’s Life can be Changed in $450+HST
When you register, your child wil get access to the entire 8 weeks course which will enable him to overcome his nervousness in public speaking & devise a realistic development for your youngster to get into the school, college or university with grades they deserve. From a two-person interview to a lecture hall full of peers, these skills will see them confidently move forward through life.
With such a competitive world, can you afford to not give them their best foot forward?
- How much do your public speaking courses cost??
- Introductory price $450+HST.
- Who should attend these workshops?
- You, if your child would like to improve how they speak in public, either in the competitive speaking or presentation.
We can help your child enhance their presentation skills, eliminate fear and anxiety, and actually enjoy speaking in front of a group.
No prior training or experience in speaking is required. Your child can benefit from our public speaking programs.
- What are your class sizes?
- From 8-20, the more the students are, the better because the students can take partners and practice on each other.. One-on-one coaching is also available.
- Can anyone be a better speaker?
- Absolutely. It just takes a commitment to practice the skills you’ll acquire in our programs. If your child want to become a better public speaker, with our help they will – even if public speaking isn’t easy or pleasurable for then now.
- What career needs to practice public speaking?
- Any career in any position needs a good public speaking skill to present materials, no matter your kids ending up be a lawyer, doctor, accountant, teacher, sales, dentist, they need to be able to explain to the client what are they expecting and what would the goals be. With today’s technology, a lot of kids are very experience in technology products and lack of communication skills, therefore interview101 club is here to help and don’t forget, our kids are our future.
- What if my child is afraid to speak in public or just no good at it?
- Even if you’re terrified of public speaking, the Interview 101 Club can teach your child how to deliver clear, engaging presentations when speaking to a group and if your child is a more experienced speaker, we’ll help you take your public speaking skills to the next level, where your child will gain the respect of their peers and senior management.
- How long will it take me to see results?
- It depends on your child’s current level of skill and how much time they dedicate to practice. Virtually all of our courses are personalized and designed to allow students to quickly absorb and put newly acquired skills into action straight away.
- Is a private or group course a better option for me?
- This is really down to personal preference. Of course private is more concentrate, but the price is also more expensive.
We Have 3 Sessions available, All classes will be held at the RICHMOND HILL location, and will take maximum of 8-10 students PER class.
First Class: September 22 2019
Last Class: November 17 2019
NO Class on: October 13 2019
Class Dates are:
Sept: 22, 29
Oct: 6,20, 27
First Class: January 12 2020
Last Class: March 8 2020
NO Class on: February 16 2020
Class Dates are:
March 1, 8
First Class: March 22 2020
Last Class: May 31 2020
NO Class on: April 12, May 3 and May 17
Class Dates are: March 22, 29, April 5,19,26, May 10,24,31